Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm Happy Again!

Not that I was sad! It's just that I didn't have my connection to the world. I didn't have my soap box. I didn't have my tools for work and play. My computer!! But now, I am happy again. My computer was down for about two weeks. I tried to fix it. Thought it was the switch, spent about $17.00 for a new switch and replaced it, discovered that I am not as smart as I was hoping to be and then let a real repairman fix it for me. It was the power supply. I suspected that! Yeah, right! Any way, I had to use my wife's sloooooooooow computer to make my last two posts, but now I am flying again. :)

I got my computer back from the repairman Saturday. I picked it up Saturday morning, went to Chattanooga to the Red Lobster to celebrate my son's 25th. birthday, and got home in time to set the computer back up and do a few checks and then prepare a financial report for our Sunday School class (my wife is the class treasurer) which was due on Sunday morning. Close but we made it! Sunday, with all that goes on (you know, like eating, talking to company, taking an afternoon nap, etc.) I just didn't get around to blogging. Then Monday! Now that's another story. Not very interesting, but it is a story. A do-nothing morning, a take-Momma-to-the-doctor afternoon and a leaf-raking evening. At this hour, 7:30am, Tuesday, December 11, 2007, Janis is off to school and I am back!!!!

I've got this feeling that this blog is going to be short, as it shoud be, and I'll not say much more than what I've already said but I will post another blog soon. I think it's about time I put some pictures of somebody or something on this blog. Don't you? Well, maybe I'll get around to that today or tomorrow, if all goes well.

This is just to let you know that I have my computer repaired, I am back on line and I am happy.


3 comments:

Fred said...

Hey Brother! Glad you found the problem and got the computer repaired!!!

What are you doing with leaves to rake? Anyway? I say CUT those trees down! LoL

Favorite One said...

If YOU are happy - we're all happy! :-) Glad to see your computer is back up & running. Looking forward to your next "blog sermon".

Benita Bolland said...

I made the same mistake of thinking that a power problem could be fixed simply with a new switch. I know better now. Haha! The power supply can be so fragile, especially on laptops since the cords are wound and tied inside bags. The wiring inside does tend to get pulled and ruined, and could do a lot of damage to the power supply. I’ve been very careful with my power cords and boxes since because they are pretty pricey to replace.