Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Monthly Blog!

That's what it looks like it has become. A monthly blog. So let me see. What will it be this time? Uhhhhhh...... Oh! How 'bout this. The other day, as a matter of fact it was Friday, I took my mom and two of her friends over to Fields of the Wood, a christian theme park operated by the Church of God of Prophecy. As best I can remember, it's only about a 90 minute drive from Cleveland (TN, for those who think OH). We drove up to the alter on the top of one of the mountains and up to the top of the other mountain where the cross of flags is (when the flags are in place). That mountain also tops the huge Ten Commandments that is laid out on the mountain. We also walked inside of the replica of The Garden Tomb. We did a little bit of shopping in the gift shop.

After that, we stopped by the historic site of the first general assembly of the Church of God, saw the site of the Shearer Schoolhouse where Milton McNabb, Joe Tipton, William Hamby, and William Martin...preached the noteworthy 1896 Shearer Schoolhouse Revival, and saw some other COG historical site which I have forgotten the name of. I wanted to show them Barney Creek, (for those of you who know the significance of it) but I was not sure just where it was, so I didn't attempt to find it. Plus, I had my mother and two other elderly ladies with me and they were not excited about this old man getting lost and wasting a lot of their time for nothing. Anyway, I think they all enjoyed it.

Upon returning to Cleveland (TN), we went on out to the Farmhouse Resturant. What good food! What good portions! It's just good home cooking. If you have never been there, you don't know what you are missing. You should try it. It's located out on Harrison Pike, east of the interstate. When and if you go, tell them that I sent you. You'll be treated special. That's right. No, not because you tell them I sent you but because they will want to keep you comming back. They won't even know who I am, but if enough people will tell them that Lowell sent them, I just might have the good fortune to get a discount or something. LOL

OK. There you have it; a new blog. Now, let me bid you farewell. I have written a decent blog. I have told you an event in my life. And I have finished this day. So, there is awaiting me a bed of softness with a pillow of foam, which I shall enjoy because I have legally purchased it with my wife's money, and Walmart will gladly bestow this kind of pillow, and even a better one, to all those who will be willing to pay for them after waiting in line for ever how long it takes.

Farewell.

3 comments:

Travelin' On said...

YAY.
I like this post. Hmmm, Christian "theme park"...guess it is.
I liked visiting that little house. It gave me cold chills. :) (you know, the good kind) That group you mentioned would've never imagined all that has come since that humble beginning.
I also like that vivid description of your restful sleeping place. :) Makes me want to go back to bed...

Favorite One said...

I can already tell you - those elderly ladies LOVED their trip. Nuttin' but good stuff to say about it. Good to hear from you. So glad you're staying active - even if it's with the "ole' folks". And yes, your description of that pillow - my-o-my, it makes me wanna take a nap! Love you & can't wait till the next blog!

Fred Alton said...

Hey Brother !!! You waxed eloquent on this one. I am proud of all of your accomplishments and of your big-hearted spirit in taking the old folks out for that trip. Next time you are free I can show you where Barney Creek is. It's only about 8 miles from my cabin.