Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Lonesome Today!

I’m lonesome today! Wednesday morning, my wife Janis and my mom left for Louisiana, leaving me here in the house all alone. Whoopeee! Right? When the cat’s away, the mice will play!
Devil Laughing
Isn’t that the way I have heard it was supposed to be? I thought so, but it’s not working. I don’t know why, but the house seems to be a lot emptier now than when I’m here alone but knowing that Janis will be home about 3:30 or 4:00pm and knowing that my mother may call me at any time. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time on the computer, went to my brother-in law’s house and pestered Mike a little while, and then there was church at 7:00pm. I made it through the day ok.

Today is different. I had a doctor’s appointment this morning at 10:00am (I’ll speak to that in another blog) and after the doctor visit, I took my prescriptions to the drug store and then went to the library. Why not? There’s nothing else pressing to be done. I picked up a couple of DVDs dealing with cabinets, counter tops, and floors. I may learn something from these and they will take up a little of my time while it seems to be passing rather slowly. I decided that this would be a good time for me to go to the thrift store that our church, North Cleveland Church of God, has just recently opened, and see what it looks like. Besides I had a bag full of pants that are too small for me, thanks to my weight loss, and I wanted to give them to the thrift store. I looked around for several minuets and found that it was really a nice store with nice ‘stuff’. Of course, all the ‘stuff’ was used, but it was good. I may have to go back and get some clothes for myself that will fit me in my smaller size.

I left the thrift store and drove out to Grace Assembly, where I used to pastor, and drove around the church. It looked like no one was there so I left and went back by North Cleveland Towers where my mother lives. I know. She’s in Louisiana, but William and Wilbur also live in the Towers. They usually go to some restaurant to eat so I thought I might be able to catch them before they left and invite myself to join them, but they were not there. It was about 11:45am and I was right there at the church so I parked in the church lot and thought I’d just go in and check to see if a pledge I had made about a year and a half ago was paid. It was, so now I guess I’m cleared to pledge to missions and maybe to the “The Miracle Is In The House” campaign that our pastor is launching.
I'm So Bored
I came back home and heated up some good home-made soup that my wife had left for me and drank a slim-fast shake with it. No, wait! It wasn’t a slim-fast shake. It was an equate shake of some kind. Kinda like a slim-fast.

I guessed then, that I could work on the daily crossword puzzle and I tried, but I didn’t get too many answers, so after cleaning the dishes, I came to this computer and here I am. It’s just 2:00 pm, ya’ll! What am I going to do?
Are We Having Fun Yet?
Maybe after I post this blog, I’ll take a nap. That sounds like a good idea. As a matter of fact, I think I’ll stop this
Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah.
‘jibber-jabber’ and do just that.

Oh! Don’t worry about me. I’ll be going to the Peacemaker’s fellowship meal tonight. It’s catered and cost free. I’ll post again in a few (or more) days. See ya later!





3 comments:

Fred said...

Hey Brother! What a wonderful way to spend the day!!!

Favorite One said...

I enjoyed reading about your day! Where's this thrift store located? I noticed some kind of new store on South Lee Hwy. Is that it? Glad you visited our church (Grace Assembly) - but I'd like it better if you visit on Sunday! :-) Hey - if Muddy & Janis are gone on Sunday...well... it would be a perfect time for you to come visit our church! Luv you!

Fred said...

I forgot to say that I loved your little icons that talk!