Thursday, October 18, 2007

Whose report will you receive?

I wrote this late last night (Wednesday night) but did not post it, so here it is!

I have anxiously anticipated this day when I could give you this 24 week report. Well actually, it has been more like 27 weeks. I really expected to tell you that the virus was totally cleared and I only had 20 more weeks of treatment to go. That is not the report that I have to give, however. Really, I have two reports to share with you.

The first report is what I received from the doctor’s office today (Wednesday). There is both good news and bad news here. First, the bad news. The virus has not cleared. The report says that my viral load increased from 164,000 to 1,020,000. That’s an increase of 856,000. So, the doctor feels that the treatment is not working and there is no point in continuing with it. That brings the ‘good news’, of a sort. I do not have to continue the treatments. That means when the medication works its way out of my body I should have no more side effects and get back to ‘normal’. My hair should stop falling out, I should have less dramatic emotional reactions, and hopefully, less extreme fatigue.

If that report is not good enough, then here’s the second report. Actually, I got this one earlier but I’ll call it the second one. The past week or so I have been feeling better and Sunday was a great day. Sunday night we were standing in the church singing. I can’t remember all the songs that we sung, but I definitely remember one of them. We were singing, “Can’t Nobody Do Me Like Jesus”. Do you know it? Well here it is on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe65um19-bw No, that’s not our church choir but it is the song we were singing. Anyway, I was feeling pretty good while we were singing and when we got to the verse that says, “He healed my body and He told me to run on,” I just felt so strong that it was for me. I looked over at Janis and I told her, while trying to keep from crying, “He healed my body and He told me to run on.” She agreed. I just knew that there was something going on. You know what I mean? After about another verse, I felt so impressed that I should tell my Mother what I felt, that I sat down and bent over to her and said, “I’ve gotta tell you what I feel like God has said. He healed my body and He told me to run on.” I had just as much difficulty, or more, trying to keep from crying that time as when I told Janis. Now, I believe that God was trying to minister to me. He knew what the doctors report was going to be today (Wednesday), based on the blood work taken last Thursday, but God’s report came to me on Sunday, based on faith in His Word.

I’m here to tell you that God has touched my body. I am off the medication as of today and I want you to help me to believe that I am healed. How can you help me? Don’t speak any doubt to me. Say only words of encouragement, and rejoice with me. Ironically, I can say that I may die “with” hepatitis-c but I do not believe that I will die “because” of hepatitis-c. Do you follow me? I was told when I received the doctors report that the nurse said something like what I just said, and I may have revised it a little but that’s the essence.

Whose report will you receive? Whose report will I receive? I shall receive the report of the Lord. I thank God for every ounce of health in my body and for every breath of air that I breathe. If the rapture doesn’t happen first, I plan on being around for 15 or 20 more years. To God be the Glory!

6 comments:

Favorite One said...

Well, you've got me singing out loud at 10:30pm! "...Look what the Lord has done! Look what the Lord has done! HE healed my body, He healed my mind! He saved me - just in time! - I'm gonna Praise HIS name!...." We both know God doesn't make mistakes. If He told you He healed your body and He told you to run on - you better put your running shoes on! And, I'm sure your lil' sis can tell you all about running! It's fun & exhilarating - especially with God! Wow! That was like another mini sermon from you. I choose to receive the report of the Lord! Luv you Lots!

Fred Alton said...

Lowell, I accept the "second opinion" and will believe the Lord with you! I'm speaking at our staff meeting this morning on Isaiah 40 and there we learn that no one else can compare to Him. He gives power to the faint! Run On.

Unknown said...

I believe, I believe...I believe in the Word of God! (that's a song too)

I will agree in faith with you that you are healed, but I believe that maybe you should RUN. (even if it is just to the mailbox) We walk(run) by faith and not by sight. The Lord has healed me so many times, I could not possibly NOT believe with you for this healing.

Travelin' On said...

Count me in....I will agree with you and the LORD. :)

K E Alexander said...

I'm running with you, Brother!

toothsleuth said...

Well, we all know that when God says it, IT IS SO! I choose to believe the report of the Lord. I'm believing with you and refuse to allow any negative thoughts get in the way. Your faith has inspired me through the years, and it hasn't ceased to amaze me yet! I'm so thankful for your example in my life. I love ya daddy!