Sunday, October 12, 2008

How'd The Surgery Go?

Just to let you know that Janis' "surgery" went well. Notice, I put "surgery" in "" because it wasn't regular surgery, but it was a procedure. It was done in the doctor's office. The procedure is called 'electrolysis'. I guess it is a lazer type surgery where the eylashes are zapped so that, hopefully, they will not grow again. The procedure has about an 80% success rate, and if it happens to be in the 20% failure rate then she will be a candidate for the more pervasive surgery. Your prayers will be appreciated. One thing Janis and I both have noticed, She has slept very good the last two nights. I think one night she didn't even wake up during the night. That is unusual. She has been restless and unable to relax her leg and/or hip muscles at night when she lays down, resulting in very little sleep. Once or twice she slept only about 2 hours. Now how that can be related to her eyes, I don't know, but it makes me wonder. This will be the third night. We'll see how it goes.

One more thing I want to add to this blog. Saturday, we went to Merciers Apple Orcherd in GA. We have been going each year for about three or more years now, with friends from church, Nathan & Tammy McConnell. It's just a fun thing to do and we get a supply of good apples, plus some other apple products - apple sauce, apple butter, apple cider, apple fritters, apple pie, you name it. Now, Janis and I didn't get all of that but it was available. By the way - apples are good for you, you know. Have you heard the saying, "An apple a day will keep the doctor away"? Well, I guess Janis and I won't need the doctor for a while. I usually eat at least one apple a day, sometimes more. Now it looks like I may have to eat two or three or they may spoil before we eat them. I guess we could cook some apple pies etc., but Janis works and doesn't have a lot of time to experiment, so I guess that means I could do it. You think maybe I could? If I give it a try and it turns out well, I'll let you know, but if I don't try it, or if I do try it but it flops, I probably won't even mention it again.

Apple Poems

Apples

Helen H. Moore

Apples, apples, what a treat,
Sweet and tart and good to eat.
Apples green and apples red,
Hang from branches overhead,
And when they ripen,
Down they drop,
So we can taste our apple crop!

Apples in Autumn

It's hard to eat apples,
Without my front teeth,
But apples in autumn
Are really a treat.
The apples are squooshy
Down under my feet,
But those from the tree
Are still crunchy and sweet!

2 comments:

Travelin' On said...

I'm so glad Janis got this done and is feeling and sleeping better! You trip to the Mercier orchard sounds great! (and so does a hot fried apple pie!) Ummm
Remind me to send Janis an apple cake recipe she asked for but not right this minute, I'm going to bed. :) OH< and I haven't gotten anything from your walk folks yet?....Shall I give it to you?
Love ya, and I'll cya soon

Fred said...

Yes, as Donice said, I'm glad Janis had this treatment for the eyelids too. I dont think I had ever heard the name "Trichiasis". That must have been a miserable experience.

Hope you all have a great trip to see the Louisiana folks and get back home safely.