Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Concert

After joining the Greater Cleveland Community Band and attending about four practice sessions, I played with the band as it presented a Halloween Concert in the Conn Center auditorium on the campus of Lee University, tonight. That's right. Tonight. As a matter of fact, I just returned from the concert about two hours ago. This was my first performance in over 35 years. I enjoyed doing it and have a good feeling about it. I was really rusty but I believe I will improve each week if I continue to practice most every day. I invited my youngest son, Jonathan, to join the band and on my second practice with the band, he and I both attended. He also played in the concert. I guess my age is crying out for some sentimental rememberences of my high school days when I enjoyed the band so much. Anyway, I think it has been good for me to join the band and I plan to continue.

2 comments:

Fred said...

Lowell, you and Jonathan and the band played really well. If you missed a note, I certainly did not know it. I was pleased to be there to listen and wish you the best with the band sessions for the future.

Travelin' On said...

Hi brother,
I would have been there IF I had been HERE!! :)
We were in Memphis at a conference but I'm excited about your being in the band and I'm looking forward to attending the next event! Hopefully I'll be in town for that! Congrats! What a wonderful way to spend time with your son, an added bonus.
love ya, me