Tuesday, August 10, 2010

College at 67?

Oh, dear me!!!!!  I just wrote this blog and messed around and canceled it by mistake.  Boy, that really makes me feel bad.  I will try to reproduce the bulk of it.  I'm sure every word will not be the same as before, but you should get the idea.  So, here goes!

I just talked to the Business & Technology Department of Cleveland State Community College about a course that I want to audit.  I was very pleased with the conversation and the information gained.  My plan is to audit the course entitled Personal & Small Business Taxes, but it is not offered until the spring semester so I will have plenty of time to get all my ducks in a row!  If you know what I mean!!  I read somewhere in the online catalog that the tuition is free for seniors over 60 years old.  Yes, I am over 60.  As a matter of fact, I am 67, so you can see that I need all the time I can get to be prepared for the course.  Not that I am slow or anything like that!  It's just that I like to take it easy and make sure everything is in order.  :o)

Those of you who know that my alma mater is Lee University and wonder why I did not choose to audit one of the courses there for only $50.00 per course, well, it's because I need this course and Lee University doesn't offer that class.  An for those of you who wonder why a 67 year old man would go to college and take a course, well, not only do I need it but I think these young kids today need some of us old heads around to show them how it's supposed to be done.  Right?? (Only to be answered by those who are 60 years old or older).

What is the business that I am interested in?  It's L & J Specialties, my online gift shop.  It's not only an online store but it is also a catalog, mail order, drop-ship, flea market, home party, and other kind of business if I choose to go in that direction.  If you are reading this, you must be online and I'm sure there are many, many, other folks online at this very moment.  If you guys will just go to my website and make a purchase, I'd surely appreciate it.  You will be saving 10% off the catalog price if you do.  As a matter of fact, if you will send me a written request and mention code #101 and include a certified check or money order, you can deduct 25% off the catalog price for any one item.  This will also work for personal checks but it may take up to five (5) extra business days to process.  To get this deal you must send in a written request (do not use pay-pal for this deal), identify the item by name and number, mention the code, and include your payment.  But hurry!  This offer expires in 90 days!!  I'm laughing out loud, because this is such fun.  Really, now is a good time to start thinking about some of those Christmas gifts that you want to purchase.  Send your request and payment to:  L & J Specialties, 4000 Sycamore Dr. NW, Cleveland, TN 37312.

When you visit my website you may think I need a course in web design, and I would agree, but I am learning and with the help of Yola I can make the website better.  But for now, WYSIWYG.  If you are interested in building your own website for free, try Yola.  You can update it at anytime, but the basic site is free.

2 comments:

Fred Alton said...

Hey! How 'bout my youngest brother going back to school?!!? I'm too far down the hill in front of youj...so don't think I'll be doing that one. ☺

Fred Alton said...

Hi Brother! That's amazing ... that you have Jacie already graduating from high school and entering college!!! Of course we want you and Janis to come by anytime that you can to say "hi" to Rebecca. She leaves Tuesday morning I think.