Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's Sunday Afternoon

It's Sunday afternoon, we've finished our noon meal, we've been to church this AM, and all is well.  This morning William Clayton & The Redeemed were with us in our church.  These men can really get you to clapping your hands and patting your foot.  They also carry a sincere message about Jesus Christ.

We had to rush out the door and get home so we could have the noon meal prepared for everyone by 1:00PM.  Everyone included My son Jonathan, his wife Kristin, and my nephew Marcus.  I know that is not a house full of people but it was everyone that showed up.  I always hate to have to leave church so early - just as soon as the "Amen" is said.  The church is a fellowship, but if we never stay around and fellowship with the other fellows our 'ship' will become a little 'canoe'.  Maybe tonight, we can catch up on lost fellowship.


A very significant thing happened today.  I received my first check, from someone who wasn't a relative, for their purchase of one of the products from my catalog.  My catalog shows all the products that I have available through mail order via L & J Specialties.  If you don't have a catalog, just go to my online gift shop.  You can order from the website by emailing me and sending a check via USPS or you can order online by using the checkout procedures available on the web site via Pay Pal.  Anyway, if you want to be my second non-relative customer, just ask me in an email, "Am I your second non-relative customer?", and if you are, I will let you take 50% off the catalog price of the next item you purchase from me.  The 'next item' is not the same thing as the 'next order' - just one item for 50% off.  And yes, any item.  You must take advantage of this offer before the month of August is over.  If you happen to be the third, fourth or fifth customer, I will let you take 1/3rd. off the catalog price of the 'next item' your purchase from me by following the same procedures as the second non-relative customer as already mentioned.  I hope that's not too confusing!  If you do not have a catalog, send me your name and address and I'll be glad to send you one.

Now, I think it's time for me to take a nap before I get ready to go to church tonight.  I don't want to go to sleep on the preacher.  That would embarrass me.  When I was pastor, I remember that it made me feel like I was not preaching good enough to keep peoples attention.  I don't want the preacher to think that I am not interested in what he has to say, so the best medicine for that is a good nap before church.  So here goes!!!!!  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Fred Alton said...

You had me chuckling about this fellow - ship becoming a canoe. It's true for most preacher: People don't come to hear our dynamic preaching. They come because they enjoy each others company! It's also true that it's discouraging to look back and see someone going to sleep as you are trying to make an exciting point in your sermon! ☺☺☺