Thursday, December 16, 2010

What will I get Janis for Christmas?

I don't know what my wife wants me to get her for Christmas!  That's the way it is every year.  I know some things that we need but that would not do as a personal gift from me to her.  Even if it was something that she really needed, that still is not what I'm looking for.  I want to get her something that she wants.  You know!  Something like a toy would be for a child.  She's too practical and conservative to buy something frivolous, just for fun.  Oh well!  I guess I'll have to do what I've done so many times before and think of some unique way to surprise her with cash!  Then she can go to the store and buy what she wants to, which will probably be clothes.  I'm glad that I can do that much anyway, and I know that she will be glad to get the cash.


Speaking of Christmas gifts, let me tell you what I already bought myself for Christmas.  It's a Fender, FM-52E SB, Mandolin.  Yep, a mandolin.  No, I don't know how to play it, but I will learn.  I may not learn to play it like Sierra Hull, but I'll learn to play it.  I found it on craigslist for $100.00.  There's not a scratch on it.  I only had to put two strings on it.  I found others just like it on sale elsewhere for $239.00 (MSRP $339.00).  



Well, I'm happy and Janis is happy for me.  Isn't it great to be blessed and able to enjoy the fun things of life.  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.

Visit me at www.janwell.com.

5 comments:

Fred Alton said...

aha! You started out telling us what you were going to get Janis for Christmas. I really was eager to see how you do it cause I have the hardest time finding the right gift for Frances. She's just like you say Janis is - much too practical to ask for anything just for pleasure. Don't ya just hate that? Then you tell us what YOU got for Christmas!!! I had to laugh.

Fred Alton said...

Ooops. I forgot to mention...That is a beautiful mandolin and I'm anxious to get together with you and hear you play. Wil has one, I think, and maybe a banjo too. We should get together soon and make some happy sounds!

Favorite One said...

So - What DID you get Aunt Janis for Christmas?

I look forward to hearing the Brannen brothers strum the strings!

L A Brannen said...

Just to let you know.......I got Janis a camara - that's what she wanted - and some of that green stuff. :)

Fred Alton said...

Hey! That green stuff's hard to beat. We just got back from Gatlinburg around noon today. Rebecca and James had called yesterday and said they were coming to visit us, so we hurried back! Gatlinburg was a winter-wonderland!