Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm Still Here!

I can't believe that it has been eleven days since my last post. How does time get away so quickly? I was too worried about my sister, 'travelin on', not posting anything for so long that I didn't realize that I myself am guilty of the same thing. Well, she 'recovered' and I guess I can stop worrying about her and pay attention to my own blog.

As usual, I am tired most of the time, and Thursdays are not my best days. Sometimes I think I am getting adjusted to the medication and can do better, but sometimes I am not so sure. Wednesday night Janis gave me a shot in my left arm. I can handle those that are in my thighs and stomach but those in my arm,.....well, I'm glad Janis can do it. That was shot number 21, leaving 27 to go. At number 24 (that is week 24) it will be time for another viral count or viral load reading. I believe that right now the viral load is undetectable. I'll let you know what I find out. Now, it may be four or five weeks actually before they take the lab work for that reading, but when I find out what it is, I'll let you know.

Right now, I am tired from doing that 'honey do' job in the kitchen. If you remember what my kitchen looked like, you need to see it now. Well, give me a few more days or so to finish up, then come and see it. For an amateur, it's not bad. Of course that opinion is from the very amateur who did the work. ha! Hey! But my wife likes it, and if she's happy..... I removed the entire oven unit. You know. The oven-in-the-wall thing that stood right in the middle of the kitchen. I pulled out the stove top and replaced it with a slide in stove (man those things are expensive), raised the vent-a-hood about six inches and built a counter behind the stove in the dinning room. Have I got you confused yet? Just come on over and see it when you can and if I'm not completely finished, it may be that you can tell me how to do it. You see - I told you I am an amateur at this kind of thing so I may need some advise. By the way. It's not my daddy's fault that I am not a better carpenter. Ya know what I mean?

Momma still has it in her ya'll. She just got back from Whynot, MS where she preached a revival for Ray Fulcher at the Water Valley Pentecostal Holiness Church. They had a good revival. She preached twice on Sunday and then through Wednesday. She said she preached kinda like the way she did when she was young and preached hard every night. My cousin-in-law, Ed Dickerson, is trying to get her to come and preach a revival for him at the Hudson Chapel Church of God just out of Union, MS. I think there are plans, tentively in the making, for the time when spring break comes. Ed's wife stella teaches and my wife Janis teaches. Ed & Stella want me and Janis to come with Momma at that time and be with them in the revival. That may happen, but I want you to know that when an 86 year old woman can still lay it on the line then surely a 64 year old man can do it. I'm not finished. I'm not washed up. I'm on a God given leave of absence and do expect to return to a useful state of being when God is finished with my healing.

I'll try to post again soon. Sooner next time than this time. Hopefully! May the Good Lord bleeeeessss and keep you, 'til we meeeeeet aaaaaahhhhgiiiiinnnn!

3 comments:

Travelin' On said...

YAY! Now everything is becoming right again in the blogosphere! I missed you. Yep, you got me going again and then you disappeared! Well, see we're good accountability buddies. John Wesley would be proud! ha

Yes, I'm gonna wanna see that project. MAN, if you can do all that while you're on treatments just wait till you get off them! You'll be like the bionic man!

I'm with you on our mom! Can you believe her? No pressure on us to maintain a busy life till we're in our 80's hunh? I know we're blessed that she's still going...and going......

So, are you & my sister gonna be enrolling in the same Encore classes. That would be oh so cool to be in school with your sibling again wouldn't it? You guys could pass notes and everything!!! :)
Well gotta go...travelin on for now.

Fred Alton said...

Hey Brother! You are funny. Loved the way you trailed off on your last posting. I could hear that "til we meeeeeet aaaaahhhhhhgiiiiiiinnnnnnn!" all the way across the big pond.

Anonymous said...

Yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I'm on lunch at work. I need to post again. Others may think that I died. I'll see you later. -Jonathan