Saturday, November 10, 2007

How To Burn Off Calories

OK, I know it's time I should have blogged already! I'm really trying to wait until my Nov. 12th. appointment is over, (I have a doctor's appointment - my last one to Dr. Buchner) but I just can't, so here's something to consider if you want to loose weight

If you rake leaves for 50 minutes you will burn approximately 210 calories.

If you lift weights for 1 hour and 30 minutes, you will burn approximately 257 calories.


If you houseclean for 2 hours and 35 minutes you will burn approximately 525 calories.

If you work in the garden for 35 minutes, you will burn approximately 165 calories.

If you walk leisurely for 1 hour and 10 minutes, you will burn approximately 400 calories.

If you ride a bike for 1 hour and 25 minutes, you will burn approximately 500 calories.

If you walk approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes, you will burn 305 calories

If you vacuum for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes you will burn 310 calories.

If you play golf (while walking and carrying your clubs) for 1 hour, you will burn 350 calories.

If you walk the dog for 1 hour and 20 minutes, you will burn 400 calories.


If you do water aerobics for 1 hour and 15 minutes, you will burn 360 calories.

If you play tennis for 55 minutes, you will burn 380 calories.

If you wash the car for 1 hour and 15 minutes, you will burn 220 calories.

If you do aerobic dance for 1 hour and 5 minutes, you will burn 430 calories.

By the way, I now weigh 185 lbs. Just 10 more to go, then I may go to the Pizza Hut. No, no, now! I'm not going to start going to the Pizza Hut, I'm just planning on going once. Just once. Well, maybe after I wait a long time, I may go again. I can't afford to put that weight back on. I've already gotten rid of my larger clothes. I'll just have to be disciplined. Yeah, right! Help me ya'll.

4 comments:

Fred said...

Lowell, I'm anxiously waiting to help...when do you want me to help you at the Pizza Hut?

K E Alexander said...

To put this in perspective:

1 Country Ham Biscuit from Bojangles = 270 calories

1 Calzone (any kind) = 840 calories

Depressing, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Special K & skim milk 95 calories...just not as chewy as the pizza from pizza hut. I love you!

Stratzol said...

In a weight loss program, a split routine is an efficient way to burn calories. Gradual increase with the harder workout at a fairly slow pace and vice versa.