Monday, November 19, 2007

That Was Close!

Whew! That's what I call close. My birth certificate from Florida arrived today. My liscense expires tomorrow. I went to the driver's liscense office this afternoon, expecting to spend about 2 hours of waiting, but wouldn't you know I didn't have to wait at all. How about that? Well, actually I didn't even go inside. You see.....they are closed on Mondays. Hey, they are off for the holidays Thursday and Friday also, so that means they will only work two days this week. It's not like 'there-is-no-business-therefore-it's-more-profitable-to-close'. If you've ever been to this office in Cleveland, you know what I mean. It's always been rather busy when I've been there. About three times. Now that's our state tax dollars at work. Oh, well. If I was working there, I'd be very excited about working only two days too. I don't want to point a finger at the local employees, but it's just a little example of how sluggish, 'big government' envolvement slows things down. Man! I believe me and you could tell Nashville how to run things, couldn't we? I know I could. That's why you can look at me and see all the success that follows me. Right?! hahaha! I am just kidding. I plan to be there first thing in the morning with my birth certificate in my hand. And, if I have too, I just might try the office in McMinn county. I just hope my eyes don't give me any problems!!

3 comments:

RevTJ said...

Even when your not preaching you just speak right to my heart! :)
It can be frustrating over there. And I think your right why can't we tell nashville how to get it done?

Unknown said...

You are so funny. In Morristown the Drivers License office is a nightmare. I only go to the one on the east end of town IF NECESSARY. (that is the one where they test people for permits and licenses) I usually go to the mall if I can get by with it. What a giant waste of time to go and sit there for 5 hours with my 15 year old child to get a permit. I would almost rather just walk if that is the case. (I said and will emphasize the almost.)

Favorite One said...

So - are you legally licensed? :-)