Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm up but not running!

Yes, I'm up. For those of you who may not know, I had surgery Wednesday for a femoral hernia on my right side. I went into the hospital about 10:45 am and left about 7:00 pm. Rushed in and rushed out like cattle. The unit in which they were holding me, before and after surgery, closed at 7:00 pm, and they wanted me out of there before that time. It may have been 6:50 pm, but it was close. Such a rush that they forgot to give me my discharge papers. Now, I know that I wasn't that bad of a patient. I was just thinking.....my pre-op instructions were such as 'no food or liquids after midnight on Tuesday', 'no jewlery or valuables' 'no lotions or body creams' etc., but I could wear deoderant. I was wondering if that ment 'PLEASE wear deoderant'. :) Then again, I did wear deoderant. Must have been the wrong kind!! ha!
Oh well! Anyway, the doctor said the hernia was not as bad as he thought it would be but of course it still needed repair. Plus he strengthened the intestinal wall on the other side and also did a liver biopsy. I was home Wednesday night, up yesterday, Thursday, and feeling even better today, Friday. I'm not supposed to lift any thing over 10 lbs. for two weeks. Yeah, right! I'll probably do it by accident if not on purpose. As you can see, I'm back to my 'hard work' of blogging and computing, but I won't stay on here as long as I have been guilty of in the past. I just thought it would be a good idea to blog while I ate my dinner, or to some that would be 'lunch', so now you are up to date on my situation. Doesn't that make you feel better? Of course it does.

7 comments:

K E Alexander said...

Whew! Miss a week and people up and have surgery! Just like pastoring a church...if I had any spiritual discernment at all I'd have known you were in the hospital....Seriously, I'm glad everything went well. I'll continue to pray for you. My dad asked me how you were doing this past week-end; he doesn't know you but I'd sent out a prayer request when you began the Hepatitis treatments. He said he'd been praying for you everyday! Isn't the Body of Christ wonderful?

L A Brannen said...

The body of Christ is wonderful. It may be compared to a very large church. You can attend that kind of church for years and never even meet all of the fellowship. No matter how long I live on this earth, so far,65 years, I will never meet all of my brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ. When you think about how a network works,.....wow! You begin to see how powerful it can be to put a prayer request into the system. Thanks for your prayers Kim, and for all of those prayers that I do not even know about. It makes me think that I may not be such a super great man of faith after all. I just have a lot of friends who believe and have faith. I am blessed!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all went well.

Fred said...

Yeah! Way to go Bro! I'm glad you're back here again. By the way...who are the co brannens?

Unknown said...

Uncle Lowell, I am glad you are up and straining at this blog. I have actually gone jogging this month. I jogged 16 days this month. Miracles are sometimes small.

L A Brannen said...

I think the co brannens are the Colorado Brannens. That's the way I interpret it. You know who that would be.

Fred said...

Of COURSE! co = COLORADO!!! I could not think of it no matter how hard I strained.