Thursday, January 3, 2008

What's wrong?

OK!! What's wrong? Nobody but my oldest brother has made any comments on my last blog. Is it because it's too cold outside? Or is it because Barack Obama is hoping to be president of the US? Or perhaps it's because the subject "Church Teachings" is just tooooo hot to touch!!?! Ooooh, just kidding!! I know, we just got out of the Christmas holidays and then the New Year celebrations, trips, and so much going on. But I can't wait any longer. I've got to post another blog or somebody may think I've died and gone to heaven. Now, that's what's wrong with my posting frequency. All those things I just said. In other words, I have no excuse. Well, maybe just a little bit of an excuse. I mean, if it were a matter of life and death, I would have found a way to post another blog, and another and another. But I'm making up for my slackness right now. See? Here's a blog.

Hey! You won't believe what I'm listening to right now. I have another window open on the Internet and I am listening to Casting Crowns. You younger folks will know who I am talking about but for the sake of some of my peers, Casting Crowns is the name of a modern day Christian singing group. Actually, I really do like their music. Maybe it's connected with the idea that when we get old enough we don't worry about what others think about us as much as we used to. Somebody may think that I have gone off the deep end but who cares. It's time for me to enjoy retirement. Right? By the way, peers. Just listen to the words if you can't take the music. They really are saying something. I don't think their music is bad either.

Let me get a little more serious now. I finally got around to seeing my doctor yesterday. You see, Sunday I was fine, but Sunday night I was bothered with a feeling like a cramp in my leg, actually in my hip joint right in front of my body, like right in the groin area, and I had a tough time trying to sleep. When I awoke Monday morning, I couldn't hardly walk. I was limping. But I stretched, laid flat on my back on the hard floor for about 10 mins., walked and worked with my leg as best I could during the day. It got a little better but then at night time it got worse. Now, it is new years eve and I am in pain. Since I have a 24 hr. hot line to a nurse, I think she is in Atlanta, I called her just about midnight. I know she probably thought somebody was high as a kite calling to celebrate new years, but after she asked me all the questions that would verify that I was not 'loopie' and I answered them correctly, I explained to her my problem. To make it short, she suggested that I take a hot bath. Well, I could do that and I did. That did make me feel some better, but the next day was New Years Day! Now, the tradition is that us men get together and go somewhere just to cook breakfast, talk, sing, have dinner or whatever else we feel like doing. Now understand that we usually go to some camp or some place in the mountains etc.

I'm about to get side tracked here. Let me get back. So, my leg got worse that day and I drug it around like a log attached to my body. (Almost!) Just ask Fred, Curtis, Rick, Eddie, Mike, Jason, or one of the several others that was there. Man! I couldn't even lift my leg off the floor at one point and most of the day not over an inch without pain.

Let me make this short. OK? I got better before going to bed and slept fairly well. Saw Dr. Sims Wednesday. He scheduled me back today so I could get a
?sonogram? or whatever you call it. (I'm in a hurry - haven't got time to check my spelling) Dr. Sims thought maybe it was a ?femoral? hernia. (Again, I'm in a hurry) Can you believe that. I won't know the results of the exam until maybe Monday or Tuesday. Anyway, I feel great at this present time. I can lift my leg, walk without limping, and kick the devil in the teeth. Ha! Gotta go now. I'm in a hurry. I don't know why, but I am.

Now that you know what is wrong with me (or if you are still uncertain, I can come in for counseling most anytime) let me know what is wrong or right about you!!

5 comments:

Fred said...

Hey Lowell! I had not known how bad you were until we got to the cabin. I was very concerned about you during New Year's Day - but so glad that you were able to join us and to bring your guitar! Thank you being there. Our African brothers all had a blast! Take care of yourself. Love you.

K E Alexander said...

Many of my blogging friends have been silent for the last couple of weeks. The holidays were so busy (as usual!) . I'm glad you are feeling better now and will continue to pray and believe that He Who began a good work in you (physically and spiritually!) will complete it!

Favorite One said...

By the way - your oldest brother's "favorite" daughter - is the only one who commented on your last blog. :-) Curtis did confirm you were in pain. I was so sorry to hear it. Glad you're feeling better. Any results from the test yet? Luv & prayers! Your "favorite" niece - you KNOW which one. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll comment on your blog. See? Have you been reading mine? I think the project is working. I'm about done at work, just trying to pass the time away. Well, I'll see you later!

Your son,
Jonathan Brannen

Travelin' On said...

I know....you're right. I've been a blogger sloth again. I don't have any good excuses but I do have excuses...like the holidays. :)
Well, I am still reading your posts. I will take the quiz too.
Love ya,
DB