Friday, May 2, 2008

I'm Tired, But That's Good

It's time to blog. Yeah, it's past time to say something. You know, I am tired. Don't feel sorry for me though. I'm not tired like I used to be when I was on that hep-c medication. No, I'm tired like a man is supposed to be after he has done some work. Yeah, I mowed my yard again today. Last time I mowed the front one day and the back the next day. Well, today I mowed the front and back. It took me about 1 and 1/2 hours, non-stop. I then rested for an hour or maybe two and by that time, Janis was home and was inspired for 'us' to do some more yard work. :( We worked out in the yard for about an hour. Then I decided I needed to get some bicycling in so I rode to Mimosa Dr., then turned around and rode past my house down to Haywood Dr., then back to my house. I know that wasn't very far but just about half of it was up hill. Anyway, I'm tired.

I had just, yesterday, told my wife and my mother that I was beginning to feel what it was like to be back at work. It really feels good to be able to do something again. You don't suppose that the medication knocked the laziness out of me do you?? Nah! I think I've still got a good share of that, but at least I'm on the road again. I'm not hauling much in my truck but I'm driving! lol

For those of you who may not know, I guess I'd better tell you something. I am an associate pastor at Grace Assembly now. That's the church I was pastoring when I 'retired'. Yeah, that may seem a little strange, but the pastor said that he would like for me to work with him and so I am. I'm still officially a member at NCCOG (North Cleveland Church of God), will still pay 'my' tithes there, and I'm still an ordained bishop in the COG but I will be attending Grace Assembly mostly and focusing my sights on the Senior Adult Ministries. How about that!? Only in Cleveland! Well, look at it like this: That's my job, and I have to work on Sundays and Wednesday evenings, as well as other times. What?? How much do I get paid?? Let's just say, that I will have a great reward when I get to heaven wheather I get material compensations or not, but that's why a retired minister would consider re-entering the active ministry anyway, isn't it? Once a man, or woman, is called to the ministry in any fashion, that call will attach itself to the called one and stay right there until the day they die. Once bent in that direction, the limb will never be the same again.

Well, that's enough for today. I've got to get a warm shower, get some clean clothes on and start thinking about the message that I was asked today to preach Sunday night. I will be speaking at the Michigan Ave. COG.....just in case you want to come! :)

9 comments:

Favorite One said...

WHEW! I'm worn out just thinking about having to mow the yard & do more yard work and riding a bike! IMPRESSIVE! I'm soooo grateful that you are able to exert all that energy! Regarding the ministry at Grace Assembly of God - the current reward is... you get to see ME! LOL!!! Uh, I REALLY meant I GET TO SEE YOU! :-) Seriously, I really do like to see your smiling face & of course, I've been missing your preaching in church - so it is a GREAT thing that you're following God's will for your life right now. I love you lots!

Louis Morgan said...

I'll miss seeing you in Sunday School, but this new venture is a great opportunity to serve the Lord. I know you will be a great blessing.

And yes, that was the same Pauline Lambert. She was a super person.

L A Brannen said...

I will also miss the Encouragers. That class and the Peacemakers was my life in NCCOG. I'll still stay attached as opportunity affords.

Fred said...

Brother Lowell, it was a wonderful message last night at Michigan Ave. I heard the sound of "a going in the tops of the mulberry trees" so I know God is about to do (is doing) something special in our lives.

L A Brannen said...

Thanks Fred. If my momma and my brother didn't like my preaching, I'd have to be a disaster! Glad you liked it. Yea! :)

K E Alexander said...

Great opportunities! You're "retired" about like your Mother is "retired"!!

L A Brannen said...

I don't really think of myself as retired. I've just been hindered from active service for a little while but am now trying to get back to SOME activity. Since I am where I am in this process, I may as well take it easier than before and not overdo myself, yet still enjoy the action!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what news. I'm glad you are blogging, so we can keep up on the latest. We are headed your way soon!

SBrannen said...

You realize you're about the same age Gepa was when he was associate pastor at Monroe COG! Now you're coming full circle I guess. Glad to hear you're excercizing. Rachel and I have been running, too. She wants to do a mini-triathlon toward the end of summer or early fall.

Love ya daddy.

Stephen