Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Do you remember that song we used to sing when we were just little rascals? It went like this: Who's afraid of the big bad wolf, the big bad wolf, the big bad wolf. Who's afraid of the big bad wolf, ..........ummmmm...............er, ah, .................well, I don't remember how it ended. Maybe it was something like, Tra la la la laaaa. The big bad wolf! What is the big bad wolf. Maybe it is something different for each one of us, but us church kids we may have thought of it as the devil. Now-days, we think of it maybe as the IRS or maybe the wonderful years of retirement with it's totally deficient social security income. Or maybe it's all those special on-line offers that promise so much but have proven to be nothing more than a scam artist's trap whereby he steals our identity and/or floods us with never ending spamming. It all seems to be devilish, doesn't it?
Well, I may have fallen into the hands of the big bad wolf this AM, but if I have, it will only cost me 39.95 plus 6.95 shipping and handling...........hopefully. Have you heard of the magicjack? It's a little plugin thing that plugs into the usb port of your computer, into which you plug in any phone and then start calling and talking to anyone anywhere for free, for one year. Then you are charged 29.95 each year thereafter for free local and long distance calling, plus some other phone benefits. I have heard of something like this from somewhere. It's not 'vonage' nor 'skype'. Hey! Why don't you just check it out for yourself. Go to http://www.magicjack.com/ and read all about it. Or, you can just wait a couple of weeks and ask me if there is anything to it. I should have my magicjack within 10 day and then I'll give it a try. If I don't get it, or if it doesn't work, or if there are a lot of 'buts' (notice - there is only one 't' in the word 'buts') that makes it undesireable, I'll be glad to let you know. Now, let me just add in right here, that I am not working for magicjack, nor am I being paid for this blog. I just wanted to add a blog to my blogspot since it's been more than a week since my last blog. I hope you have a good day and don't get taken by some scam. Leave that to us brave souls who are not afraid of the big bad wolf.

Now here's a few pictures from my yard, hopefully to cheer you up!


















4 comments:

Favorite One said...

Your flowers are so pretty!
**Speaking of Majikjack (I don't remember how you spelled it) - I did see an advertisement for that on TV. I figure you didn't invest much if it doesn't work. I will be curious to see if it worked or not. Free long distance sure sounds good to me! :-)

Fred said...

Yes, I feel confident it will work - but, like my cautious daughter, I think I will wait and hear your "consumer report".

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear if the Majikjack works?

L A Brannen said...

In response to the inquiry by "anonymous" concerning the magicjack, I'm pretty sure I posted a blog about the magicjack after I received it, but I can't seem to find it in my archives. Anyway, it does work. I had to do a little extra, like download a file so it would work right with windows vista. I think it is a real deal, but if you don't need the extra phone, it may not be a value to you. It has it's own phone number and does not interfere with my present home phone. I get excellent sound quality and am very pleased with it. Remember, you have to be connected to highspeed internet, and if you turn the computer off, your phone is off.