Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm Back In The Saddle Again!


I was out of the saddle and down on the ground. The ropes were wrapped around me. I had lost control. I still held the ropes and pulled hard on them, but I knew that something was not happening like I thought it should. I was pulled from side to side, wondering if I’d ever be able to lift myself from the dust and stand with pride to face the crowd. Thanks to those who knew how to help me, I suddenly realized that the rustle and tumble of life was slowing, and I was coming to my senses again. Though I wanted to lie on the ground and nurse my wounds and bruises, I was driven to shake myself, rise to my feet, face the peering mob about me and lift my hands as a symbol of victory even if I felt like disaster had fallen my lot.




Now I miss the old rough ride that I had for so long, and sometimes feel that I am doing it again; but I am not in the same saddle and I can tell that my ride is not the same. Adjusting to the new style is quite a task, considering all the changes that have taken place since I last rode a normal steed, but there is hope for a safer journey, now that we have the assurance that the spurs are not under the saddle anymore. I can only drive as I have known to drive, even though my skill has improved by my last treacherous upset, so I will continue to head in the homeward direction. The sun is falling low in the East and I know that I will soon be arriving at my destination. For now, I can say that I am just happy to be Back In The Saddle Again.


2 comments:

Fred said...

Keep ridin' Bud! Gotta talk with you soon and find out how I can enter the riding arena.

toothsleuth said...

As I read this, I just kept hearing that old country song over and over 'Back in the Saddle Again'! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well physically. I'm sure it is a very different ride than you were used to before, but isn't a great one?
Love you diddy,
Jennifer