Thursday, June 5, 2008

Here's What I'm Doing Now

This is just an update - an overdue update. I am doing so much better these days. Just getting off the medication is an improvement. My regular doctor is keeping a watch on my liver function and my enzyme levels, and thus far all is looking good. Now that I have regained most of my strength and ability, I have accepted an invitation by the pastor of Grace Assembly to work with him at that church. It is the last church that I pastored and I count it an honor to be accepted by the present pastor and members, as an associate. I think I will be able to serve the pastor, the church and God in this capacity with a sense of accopmlishment for ministry. I do not have the desire to pastor any church these days but I do have a desire to do whatever God wants me to do. Right now, I feel like it is to serve in this position.

I am still a member of the North Cleveland Church of God and I still have an active ordained bishop certificate. I keep in touch with the NCCOG and attend some of its functions when possible and I continue to observe my financial obligations to that church. I really wish it were possible for the Church of God and the Assembly of God, and all of the pentecostal fellowships, to be united into one fellowship. That would make us, the pentecostal community, a louder voice in the world and we would be a stronger body, physically and financially, and could therefore do more for God. At least it seems that way. I believe that God is doing His work in this world and He continues to surprise me how and by whom He does it. God is an awesome God. Won't it be wonderful there?!

One of the good things that has come out of all this medical bout that I have been engaged in is a greater appreciation for the more contemporary music of this day. I really do love the music by Casting Crowns, especially the song entitled "I Will Praise You In This Storm". There are other groups that I really enjoy who would not have been accepted by my criteria at a time in my past. Really, I have been expanded, broadened, enlightened, or whatever you want to call it, by my experience. I still love the old conservative songs and good old souther gospel too. What I think I am trying to say is, "I am a better man today than I was yesterday." Let me conclude with this old number:
"We'll work 'till Jesus comes,
We'll work 'till Jesus comes,
We'll work 'till Jesus comes,
And then be gathered home."

No comments: