Monday, January 5, 2009

Getting ready for the New Year

Everyone is settling down now after the holidays. School is starting back, all the goodies have been eaten, the exchanges have been made, and we are beginning to settle into the old routine. That is always so nice, isn't it? Yes! Yes it is, but I won't be settled until we do our belated Christmas in Louisiana, until we welcome Gabriel (my second grandson) into the world, and until we return to Meca.......ah....I mean Cleveland. lol


We are leaving tomorrow (if Janis doesn't change her mind, and you know a woman has that prerogative) and we will visit her relatives and one of my daughters (Tammy) in North Louisiana and then travel on to South Louisiana to visit my other daughter (Jennifer - the one who is having my grandson). As we travel, I will have a new toy to play with. My Christmas present. A TomTom. I imagine the excitement of it will be over by the time I return to Tennessee, so I will then be able to settle in and settle down.

I did make a new years resolution. If I keep it, I can forget about settling down. I've decided that I will start on those house remodeling projects that Janis is so anxious for me to do. Notice that I said, "I will start". I didn't say, "I will finish". Why, if I did all of those 'honey-do' jobs, I'd first run out of money and then I'd just get tired and quit. So, I am going to start on them and we'll see how far along I'll get with them. Hopefully, I can post some 'before' and 'after' pictures, but if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath all the way from 'before' to 'after'. That's right. I'm going to take my time, so it will take me a little while - maybe a lot-a-while, but that's my new years resolution. Just in case you wanted to know!

1 comment:

Fred said...

Travel well and travel safe! I know your daughters will be so happy to see you.

Don't worry, I won't try to hold my breath from the "before" to the "after" pictures.