Tuesday, April 13, 2010

L & J Specialties

It's about time!

I was just looking at the last blog I posted and surprised that it was a year ago. Man, time sure does fly. As a recent blog that I posted asks, "Where does time go?" I do not have the answer to that question but I have decided that it's about time to do something about a web site that I have had for a couple of years. Let me tell you what I am doing.

I have been looking and searching for some way to earn money without committing myself to someone elses time-schedule for 40 hrs. per week and without having to work on Sundays. In other words, I've been looking for a job where I can go in when I get ready and leave when I get ready. A job where I can work the days I want to and take off the days I want to. And vacations!? Whenever I want to and for ever how long I want to! Not a bad request, huh? If your sides are splitting with laughter right now, I understand. :) I know that sounds like a lazy man's request, so, OK, I'm just a little on the lazy side. But let me get back to my blog.

I have started my own company, business, enterprise, or whatever you want to call it, and I am in the selling business. I've always hated that business but I knew that was where the money was. I call my business "Janwell Enterprise". Actually I created that name for my non-existent business at least 25 years ago. Now, it is the name that will cover any number of ventures I will make in the selling field. Most of the ventures that I will be making will be "on line". As of the 5th. of March, I am the founder, owner, and president of L & J Specialties. I will basically be supplying "specialties", from ceramic 'what-nots' to the table on which to display it; from pocket knives to swords; from a cowboy hat to a wild western water fountain; from a mug for Mom to a mezzaluna chopping set for her kitchen. The list goes on! I will be selling some of these products on line, but I will be distributing catalogs and using other means to get the product in the hands of the consumers.

Now, with that in mind, let's get back to the web site. When I saw that I really had a legitimate product to sell and a legal and respectable course of action to per sue, I knew I needed a web site. Well, what do you know, I already had one! www.freewebs.com/labrannen. Yes, it's free, but that's what I need to get started; to feel my way out onto the world wide web with this business. I imagine I will need a bigger, more professional web site later. When I am making some moolah I will be able to afford something of that nature. Freewebs.com supplies that and the upgrade should be easy and really not very expensive when you are considering the price charged by many hosts. There are other sources available as well, so when that time comes, my plan is to go!

For now, just visit my site and enjoy. I only have five items posted on the website but if you will ask me for a catalog, I'll be glad to mail one to you. Tell me what you think and give me all the help you dare. At least sign my guestbook.


2 comments:

Fred Alton said...

Hello Brother! I consider it a blessing that you came by here with a catalog for us to look at. I don't know if Frances bought anything or not ... but if she did she didn't tell me what it was. I won't ask - it could be my Christmas gift. I wish you all the best in this new venture and I recommend your site to any of my friends.

L A Brannen said...

Thanks for your comment Fred. Did you check out the website? If not, go ahead and check it out. I would appreciate any comment in my guestbook on that site.