Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Brothers and My Sisters

If I say, "My brothers and my sisters," it may sound like I'm getting ready to preach you a message or tell you something spiritual, but this time it's not a sermon. I want to talk about my real biological brothers and sisters as opposed to spiritual brothers and sisters.

My oldest brother is Fred. He is the oldest of my siblings and should be the wisest, but I'll not get myself into a family feud about that. He has done extensive travel to Africa and held positions that scare me. I think he is quite wise.

The next oldest sibling is Wilmon (Wil). Wil lives in Texas and thinks like a salesman. He has been a very successful salesman and building manager and knows how to manage most things I guess, except us Brannen siblings. Soon he will be living here in Tennessee near the rest of us and perhaps he can then manage us a lot better.

I'm next in line as we descend the ranks of Brannen seniority. I needn't say anything about me. You can discover more about me on this website and other blogs that I have posted.

Not by our design, but as we come to the lower ranks of Brannen seniority, there are two girls. Not my fault girls. Must be God's design. Anyway, my sister, Bonita, was the youngest in the family until I was in high school and my two older brothers were out of the house on their own. I tried to teach her how to do a lot of things and it always seemed that I could get my way if I played the cards right. She really did accomplish a lot in her career. Among other things, she worked at a bank and for State Farm. Recently, she retired from State Farm and is now enjoying entertaining her family and her siblings. Oh, and she enjoys company from her friends as well. Now, let me tell you about the youngest child in the Louis Brannen family. Donice! That girl is as crazy as I am. We have a lot in common and have had a lot of laughs together. She and I wrote a song once. It was something about a dog I think, or maybe it was about a man or a women. I guess I should know but it never made the charts so it is sung so seldom, no one can remember it. I guess it is only fitting that she should be the one to reach the highest level of education and become the 'counselor'. One of these days I'm gonna let her psychoanalyze me and see if it will help.

Now I haven't put my sisters down by the content of this blog. Oh, no. Actually I think I've said more about them than the rest of us. Also, you must remember that if God designed it that way, then He had a reason. Besides, God said, "The first shall be last and the last shall be first". With that said, let me add, I have a great family. Two great brothers and two great sisters, of whom I am proud. I only hope I can do enough to return the feeling to them about me.

Visit my web-site: http://www.freewebs.com/labrannen

1 comment:

Fred Alton said...

Lowell, you are the genius in our bunch. You're a creative prose writer, poet, song-writer, preacher, entrepeneur, musician (piano, guitar, trumpet) and have many many other talents recognized by all of us who know you! For instance, you are quite good at remodeling a house. I love the things you have done with your kitchen, den and living room. Removing that wall makes the house feel so much bigger! Love you Lowell.