Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Just Ramblin!

Tomorrow night, Wednesday, will be the beginning of week #23 for me of my medical therapy. That means only 25 more weeks to go. I'm almost half way through this ordeal. I've not been doing any work since Friday, so I have been doing pretty good. I plan to start back to my 'honey do' chores tomorrow. That may wear me out, but I can't just sit here and do nothing. Now, I'll admit that I sit at the computer a lot but as much as I enjoy it, I still get tired of it sometimes. I could go shopping all day at Wal-mart but that would definitely wear me out, plus, you gotta consider the money factor. :( I could visit people all day long, if they were at home, but even that becomes a chore. I think the best thing for me to do is just keep on doing little improvements here on my house, which will probably wear me out. I'll just work slow and rest often and take all the sympathy and attention that my wife offers. Now, I wouldn't take candy from a baby! Would I? ............ Nah!

I have been blessed today with the visit of my brother Fred, and his wife Frances, and my cousin from Florida, Junius, and his wife. They really love God and are wonderful people. We've never had the privilege of getting close to or relatives, so when we have the opportunity we do like to ensure ourselves that we have them. You know, that is the cost of choosing to get close to God. As we tried to get close to Him, He called and said, "Go Preach the Gospel"! So, in order to stay close to Him, we have to go where He says to go and be what He says to be. With my Dad and Mom that was also true. As a result, while I was very young, the Louis Brannen family left Florida to follow God's leading. It was always a highlight to go to Grandma's house for Christmas and occasionally in the summer also. Believe it or not, I did not know that there are so many Brannen's in this world, until I began to discover it on the WWW. I am not alone. The Brannen family is not alone. There are more of us out there. Ain't that something?!

I guess it was about time - Time to sell my boat that I have never moved out of my yard. I've had it about two years and it has not been out of my back yard, so I decided to sell it. I can use the money for something really important you know, like getting a new computer. :) It wasn't a new boat, nor was it a big boat, but I thought surely I would use it and go fishing now and then but I never did. My neighbour is all the time asking me if I am ready to go fishing and I am all the time never ready. I think that is a shame. Fishing is Biblical you know. Oh! and by the way, so is carpentry. I guess if I can't go fishing, I'll just enjoy doing my little bit of carpentry work.

5 comments:

Travelin' On said...

So, good to know you're living the "biblica" life eh?
I sure enjoyed having breakfast with you this morning. We do have a lot of relatives, don't we. KNow them or not, we got 'em. It is interesting to find out what others are doing with their lives though.
I think you have a good idea about working, resting, computing, you know....doing stuff the way you want to. That's a pretty good way to look at it.
I used to sayt that if you were a preacher that you HAD to be carpenter, at least by default. (part of the calling. haha) Nowadays, these "uppity" and "hifalutin" (how in the world do you spell hifalutin anyways....) preachers, they probably have such nice houses that they don't need to worry about it. HEY, they might even have HIRED help for some of them. Oh well, that's ok, they won't know the "joys" that we grew up knowing either. :)
love ya, DB

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented in a little while, but I have been reading. Sounds like that 'honey do' list is actually a pretty good thing, huh? I know mom is so happy with all the work you've done. She said it looks great! I hope you're felling good. I'm praying for you! Love you DIDDY,
Jennifer

Fred said...

I'm chuckling after reading your comments about the Biblical nature of the things we love to do. Of the two, Fishing has to be more spiritual 'cause you never read about Jesus preaching in that carpenter shop!

Unknown said...

You are always an inspiration to me. People who haven't lived in preacher's families don't get it, they really just don't. I say we are mo' betta for it!
I love you!

RevTJ said...

Uncle Lowell,
Just to let you know I had to close down my blog due to technical difficulties. I made a new one its at www.thomasoakley4.bogspot.com
TJ