Friday, September 28, 2007

More Weight Loss!

I'm still loosing weight. The last few days I have weighed in at 189 lbs. I think it's great that I am losing weight but Janis and momma are getting worried. Back in late January or early February when I started on a diet, and weighed about 250 lbs, I told Janis I would look older and people would say, "Oh, you're loosing too much weight," or "I think you've lost enough." Well, it's happening, and Janis is joining them. Now, we didn't know at that time that I would soon be on medication that would help with my diet (that's the way I look at it). I lost about 20 lbs. before medication and I've lost about 40 since beginning the medical treatment - a total of 60 lbs. since January.
I'm glad I'm loosing the weight but the medication has taken away that drive that's always demanding more food. I guess some would say that I have lost my appetite. I've gone from a size 44 waist to a size 38. Now, think about it. My closet was full of size 42s and a few 44s. I especially liked those pants with the additional few inches supplied by the stretchy waist band. Now, having a smaller waist, I go to the closet and pull out just about any pair of pants and they are too large. That means I've got to buy some new clothes. Well I did that and bought some 40s. Ah yes! That felt much better, but when the 40s began to be too large I decided to try 38s. Ah yes again! So now I have a few 38s and a few 40s and a lot of 42s. Who knows? Before my 23 more weeks of treatment is over, I may have to buy some 36s.
I can hear momma and Janis right now. "Oh no you're not. We're not going to let you lose any more weight. You are going to eat."
My reply is, "We'll see."
I am still overweight, so whats the big deal. Let me lose about 15 more lbs. and then I'll start eating some of those delicious, dripping with juice, Wendy's hamburgers, and frosties, and maybe even a few french fries. Oh, yeah! I know I could gain it all back when I'm off the medicine. Now, there's a scary thought. But by the help and grace of God, I'm not going to gain it back. You know when people gain back the weight they've lost, they always gain more. My prayer: "Oh Lord! Please help me to never gain too much weight again. Amen!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like I need to turn around and repent! I need to lose a little weight now! You're making me look bad hehehe! Well, I'm actually doing pretty good. We had sports camp this past week and I feel like I've lost some weight there, but I'm glad to hear that you're doing great! See ya later! Your son, Jonathan.

toothsleuth said...

Now, now, you've got to let your wife and mom fuss over you a little bit! Besides, you know mom...just gain 4 or 5 pounds and she'll be on you to start losing again!!! I wish you could come down with mom and Muddy next weekend. I don't know when I'm going to be able to come up there again. Soon, I hope! I've got to come and see all the new kitchen updates for myself! You've done a fantastic job. I was reading your other posts and looking at the pictures. I hope Bill gets a little inspired to do some stuff like that! Love you diddy, Jennifer

K E Alexander said...

Looks like it's gumbo time!!

L A Brannen said...

Oh,yes! How could I forget? In spite of my loss of appetite, I still love Gumbo.

Favorite One said...

I'm gonna pray that you won't gain too much weight ever again too. It is true - I lost 42 pounds and then gained 70. I've lost 20, but that means I'm still way over my "suggested weight". I suppose if you're happy at your weight - then it doesn't really matter. Of course, you have to keep getting the nutrients your body needs. Luv you!

m.d. mcmullin said...

Hey Brother - I was reading your blog today and felt lead to pray for you... healing, strength and encouragement. Hope you're doing well. God's grace is enough!

Unknown said...

Uncle Lowell, I love you no matter what your gravitational pull! You are a great one to have and I am blessed. Thank you for pointing us always to the cross!

Travelin' On said...

Well my goodness!
I go outta town for the weekend, and you lose more weight! :)
I guess I'm gonna have to take you back to Cracker Barrel and make sure that our moma SEES you eat some oatmeal or something. :)MMM that sounds sooo good. Let's do that one morning this week!
Yes, Janis and Moma are allowed to worry about you but I think I can understand your side of enjoying the weight loss part too. I agree with the others who are cautioning you to eat right and stay as healthy as you can in the midst of this weight loss.
It's good to get home and check in on you. I will say a prayer for ya before I go "back" to bed. Love ya bunches, your "little" sister.