Saturday, July 14, 2007

Good News! It's Good To Be Home

We have just returned from our 7 day trip to Louisiana. We had a good visit with family and friends and I did very well. I did have to leave the group once and find a place to rest for a while but overall I did great. That's just what I want them all to think and it is true - I did very good.

We stayed with my Mother-In-Law, so you know Janis was having a wonderful time. I tried to be good and do right, of course. :) Seriously, my Mother-in-law and I have a good relationship and we did have a good time, but, 'There's No Place Like Home.'

On our return trip, we stopped in Union, MS to visit with Ed and Stella Dickerson. She is Janis' cousin. Ed is the pastor of Hudson Chapel Church of God. We arrived at their house just about dinner time. She had a wonderful meal prepared and we enjoyed our visit. They are really wonderful people. I wish you could see the house that Ed built. Truly a blessing from God.

Here's some good news that I want to share with you: While in Louisiana, I called back to the doctor's office to find out the results of my last lab work and especially my viral load, or count. It needed to be 700,000 or less (a two log drop from the original 7.2 million), or else I would probably not continue the treatment. Well, the count was 194,000.....or was it 154,000? I know it's a shame that I do not remember exactly which of those numbers the nurse said, but it was under 200,000 and that is well within the acceptable range. That looks really good to me, so I will continue treatments. The dragon is about to fall by the wayside, but I will continue to strike at it with my sword (the redipen).

By the way! I told you that God was doing a healing in my body. He still is doing it. I wonder what that viral count might be right now? Possibly, so low that it would be undetectable! But for now, I believe that I am supposed to continue the treatments. Thanks for your prayers.

2 comments:

Travelin' On said...

Hey brother!
I'm glad you guys are back. I'm thankful to hear that you got a good report on the count. Yep you're being healed and that is good news.
Maybe I'll see ya soon. :)

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD! I actually read this right after you posted it, but my computer got "stuck" for a while & I didn't have time to post my comments. We prayed & as usual - God answered! I read something today that said "If God fails me today, it'll be the first time ever." Well, He still hasn't failed us. :-) Luv your "favorite" niece.