Sunday, July 1, 2007

It's About Time

I guess somebody may be wondering when I am going to post again. How about right now? I really haven't felt too much like posting lately, but right now I feel like I am ready. Wow! If these fatigued feelings keep getting worse and worse, I may have to let Janis be my hard working assistant, my chauffeur, my nurse, my thinker and anything else you can think of. It's about time she began to earn her living, wouldn't you say? (lol) You know I'm kidding! But, truthfully, it's really not a good feeling to feel so fatigued.

By the way. My title to this post is not referring to that statement - "It's about time she began to earn her living....". Honestly, when I titled this post, I was thinking, "It's about time for me to begin to feel better and have a few good days," but that just worked out so well it makes you wonder if God might be in this blog trying to tell somebody something! (lol, lol) Really I feel better today than I have since my last shot Wednesday night. Thursday was not good at all, Friday was better and Saturday started out OK, but as the day wore on, I wore out. Now, today is Sunday and comparatively speaking, I feel great.

Keep me in your prayers concerning my next doctor visit on July 5th. They will do the lab work that will determine if this treatment is doing what they want it to do. I may have to wait a few days after the lab work to find out the results but I'll let you know as soon as I can after I find out myself. It actually may be a week or so later before I can get back to this computer and tell you the results because Janis and I are planning to go to Hebert, LA. on the 6th. and we may not return until the 13th. Unfortunately, that probably means that I won't know the results while I am in LA, unless, I call the doctor's office and get that info from them. We'll see.

I haven't really been trying so hard to loose weight lately, but this morning when I weighed, I was between 203 and 204 lbs. For the past three or four weeks I've been hanging around 205 and 206 so, I guess I could say that I've lost maybe 2 lbs. Again, In January, I was about 250 lbs. You know that I feel better in my body in a lot of ways. My clothes fit..., err..., well..., they are now too big. I still feel better because of the weight loss. I'm still planning on finishing up with this medication and start getting my strength back. I will be like a new man. Somebody say, "AMEN!" I said something about that to Janis this morning on the way to church and she said, "You're gonna be like Mr. Skinny," and I said, "No. I'm gonna be like Mr. Atlas." (How many "lol's" should I put for that?) Some of you younger folks may think that what I meant was 'I would be a world traveler using the atlas to get everwhere' but those of you who are more near my age will know I meant 'Charles Atlas'. Let the young folks figure that out. They have their computer.

You can see that I am feeling more back to myself today. 'More back!' What does that mean? It sounds perfectly good to me. In south Louisiana it sounds alright. I think it's kinda like 'more better'. That's a common use of terms in south Louisiana. You know. "Dat guy, he look sharp. I believe he could do a moe betta job dan dat udder won." That's right. I feel 'more better' today than I did yesterday. So now you understand, I feel 'more back' to myself today. Well, I'll try to post again before I leave for LA, but if something gets in my way, I'll be back here when I get back.

P.S. God is doing a healing in my body right now. In the name of Jesus, the viral count is going down and is probably already gone! Thanks be unto God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are agreeing with you in prayer.
In fact, at VBS this week - Emma learned that...
"Jesus is....the great Doctor!"
Love,
The CO Brannen Family.

sibil said...

Hey now, Mr. Lowell, I'm from LA. We don't all talk like dat!!! I really hope you begin feeling better. I think about all of the people with all illnesses and just pray so much for God to make everyone SUFFER LESS. I wish I could make us all better but I know it's not possible, so I just pray that God gets us all through another day.

Hope you have fun in LA. Watch out for the gators (and the heat).

Anonymous said...

You been talkin' to Curty & Chloe? They's both more better than me. I just love reading your writings. What a great time of fellowship with you. This helps to fill the void since I don't get to see you every Sun. Hey, did u see your son & your niece in the Monday newspaper? You got celebrities in the family! Praying for LOW test results & looking forward to hearing from you again. I now pray safe travel mercies on you & Janis. Luv u bunches! Your "favorite" niece.