Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm Not Lazy - Just Tired!

I don't know where I heard it the first time, but I've heard it many times since. Maybe, the most I've heard it is from my own lips. "I'm not lazy. I'm just tired." I used to think I was lazy because I had no reason to be tired, but still I didn't want to do anything and what I did was like pulling a locomotive along behind me. Well, at one point in my life, the doctors discovered a medical condition that attributes to extreme fatigue. That doesn't sound as bad as lazy, and besides if there is a medical condition connected to it, it seems to be more excusable.

You know, I'm not so sure that any ailment causes me to be so fatigued. Oh, I know that there are conditions that cause extreme fatigue, but I'm just not so sure that, that is the case for me. Besides, I have something else to blame my "fatigue" on now. So, if I'm pressured about my frequent sluggishness, I can choose to say that I have been diagnosed with a condition that causes me to be extremely fatigued, or I can blame it on something that may be more acceptable - I'm an old man now, at least by the standards of most young whipper-snappers.

As it is, you just never know. If I feel like doing something, I may do it and if I don't feel like it, I may not. Just don't ask me why?

1 comment:

Fred Alton said...

Lowell, you certainly get a lot done for a lazy man. I don't mow my own yard. I don't have an "on-staff of a church" position. In fact I seldom go more than once a week. I don't take Mom to the doc/meetings/grocery half as many times as you do. If that makes me lazy - so be it. I'm enjoying it!