Thursday, May 3, 2007

My latest doctor visit!

Just to let you know, I gave myself a shot Wednesday night and went to the doctor on Thursday morning (this morning). I could tell that I had received the medication but I felt like I was doing OK. The good news is that the doctor said that the readings were good, IE. the levels were coming down that were supposed to be coming down. It was not some great fantastic improvement but it was showing up good. I asked her if that was my viral count, and she said, "No. We won't take that reading until the 12th. week (7 more weeks)." Well, that is a little bit of a good report and I thought I would share that with you.
Fred came by the house while I was eating dinner, we talked, went to Mamma's and then he brought me back home. I had begin to feel a little puny about 3:00pm'ish, so I sat in my recliner, turned the TV on low and tried to sleep. Janis came home. Jonathan came by. At about 4:00 or 5:00pm'ish I could feel the effects of the medicine working on me psychologically. My eyes were tearing up and I couldn't hardly talk right. It's amazing how this stuff works on my tear glands. I think Jonathan was shocked to see his daddy crying for no reason but maybe that was good for him to witness. Janis took me to the library, I read about six chapters of some child's adventure book, checked out a CD by Rubinstein, Janis bought some books at the library (sold by FOLA) and we came home. I feel better, but please don't say anything sad to me right now.
We are getting ready for tomorrow night and Saturday morning. We are celebrating Jonathan's accomplishment. Tomorrow night is his commissioning service (I think that's the same thing as what we called the baccalaureate service), and Saturday is his graduation. WOW! I mean, like, Praise The Lord! Then Saturday afternoon from 3 to 5 pm we will have a reception here at our house. Y'all come! Oh, and please pray that he will get a good job!
I may add another post in a day or two or three. Right now, I am not at my best but I thought I should let you know how things are going.

3 comments:

Travelin' On said...

Thanks again for these updates! I am so happy to celebrate with you that the count is coming down! YES! I'm sorry about those tear glands acting up like that. :) But hey, I think you're right, it's a beautiful thing to behold sometimes. I'll try not to post any sad comments right now ok? Maybe later.:)
Yeah, double WOW on Jonathan's graduation. Where in the world has the time gone??? I'm looking forward to this happy time and seeing you all.
More later, travelin' on for now.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I really do enjoy reading your blogs. I feel like I'm being able to experience a little of it with you, even though I'm not there. Bill and I are planning a visit for this summer. I can't wait to see everybody! Well, we love you and as always we're praying for you!
Love, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Oh yes it will seem a long time to be in a bad state of mind, but this too will pass. So you have something to look forward too.
Mama