Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Happy Anniversary Celebration!

Tomorrow, June 1st., Janis and I will have been married 34 years. In celebration, we went to Etowah yesterday and boarded a shuttle (a school bus) for the short trip to the Gee Creek State Park where we boarded the train for a three hour ride around 'the loop'. I believe that is the first time that I can remember ever riding a train - a real train. I've ridden the train in Dollywood and I think in Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO, but this was a real passenger train. It only consisted of two passenger cars and the two engine's, one in front and one in back, but when you're inside the passenger car and riding, you don't even think about that. It was fun and scenic. Here are a few pictures.


Isn't she still beautiful?

I am not even trying to be beautiful, just slimmer.


Fred and Frances went with us. They will be celebrating their 50th., Saturday.

Getting ready to board the train.

We were down there before we were up here.

Some highway that we traveled over.....maybe Hwy. 68!?


This is what makes it the loop. The train tracks loops around and over itself.

Just couldn't let this pass.

Part of the Hiwassee River.

Another scene along the way. For those of you who know, that's the Hiwassee River out there and Webb's store and the bridge that crosses the river there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! You and momma look like you had a great time. I've never ridden in a real train either. I'll go ahead and make your day and say that I can really tell you've lost weight from these pictures! You're looking good!!! Keep it up! Hope you're feeling well. I'm still praying for you daily. I love you diddy!
Jennifer

Travelin' On said...

These photos are great! Thanks for sharing this trip with us out in the blogosphere.
Happy anniversary to you and Janis and also to Fred and Francis. :)
Looking forward to seeing you all later this weekend.

Unknown said...

Hey Uncle! That one of the Hiwasee river is spectacular! I love the water anyway. Looking forward to seeing you over at Frankie's house on Sat.
Love you!

Phil Hoover said...

Great blog. I'm sure that I know you from the ten years that I lived in Cleveland.

Loved the pictures...LOVED them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the train ride! I'm so glad you got Mom & Dad sleeping! :-) Love from your "favorite" niece!