Monday, June 11, 2007

If I Can't Have Seven, I'll Take Three!

For the past two weeks, the reaction to my medication has been a little more consistent. Is that good? Maybe. But 'good' just doesn't seem to reconcile with extreme fatigue. Man! I know what it means to be fatigued. Every fiber of my being seems to cry out for rest sometimes, and that's just what I do. I stop and rest.

Walking from the church parking lot to the church, and then up the hallway to the church foyer, part of which is inclined, can be quite a task. Yesterday, as we were in the hallway, a 90 year old woman who walks two miles a day, came 'sprinting' by, saying, "Hello, how are you today." I told Janis, "You'll just have to wait on me while I take my time."

I really hope that this doesn't stretch out much longer. Four days a week is long enough, but that's about how it has been for the past two weeks.

This morning, I took Momma to the doctor. I am feeling stronger and I suppose I'll get stronger each day, but then comes Wednesday. After church Wednesday night, I will come home and 'shoot' myself again. Hey! That really sounds like a boring church service to have someone go home and shoot themselves, doesn't it? :) Really, Sis. Maloney is a great teacher and I enjoy it. But, I have to give myself the "Peg-Intron" shot with the "Redipen" once a week. If next week is like the last two, then Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be my worst days. Thank the Lord for three pretty good days. 'Seven is coming.'

5 comments:

toothsleuth said...

Hang in there! I talked to the lady I work with who has been through all that and she said that your symptoms are completely normal! She is a Christian and said to tell you that she is praying and believing for a miracle! Did momma tell you that I'll be up there for your appointment on July 5th? I believe that was the Lord working it out so that I can go back to work with a miraculous testimony! Just keep the faith! I love you diddy! Love, Jennifer

Unknown said...

I haven't been reading or blogging as much. But I just wanted to add to what Jennifer said about a miraculous testimony. You can have a testimony without the test. AND...without Jesus you have the test and get the moanies. :)
I love you! & pray for you!
Tabi

Unknown said...

I meant to write can't have the testimony without the test. OOPS!

Travelin' On said...

Hey man! Sorry to miss your call Sunday afternoon. Well...I was laying out by the pool!
I think you and mom got it all worked out. You're a great son!! She told me that it was just Jon's setting, etc. I had only taught her to comment as anonymous.
I sure hope you're feeling good soon. I know that I can't imagine what all you're going through! I love you and I will keep praying for you.
I really liked Jon's new music blogs. That's cool. I know you're proud of him. :)
Love ya bro, your "little" sister.

Anonymous said...

I should be - and I really am - thankful that I only had pneumonia. I can only pretend to empathize - 3 weeks of pneumonia was too much & I didn't want to get dressed either. You've already made it a lot more weeks than that! Sounds like YOU ARE the STRONG one! You are already a great testimony. Thru it All! Love, your "favorite" niece. :-)