Friday, June 8, 2007

My Progress Report

I feel like I should make a 'post' to let those of you who want to know, how I am doing. Well, physically, I'm doing OK I guess. Not perfect. Not super. But OK. My last doctor's appointment was this past Monday. The report! I lost another 7 lbs. but my blood count was within acceptable range. The nurse said that if it went any lower that she may have to reduce my dosage of medicine, but she thinks it has stabilized because the reading was the same as the time before. The nurse hinted at the possibility that this treatment is working for me. Of course she cannot commit herself to that until after the twelve week exam. Actually, it looks like it's going to be 14 weeks because my next appointment will not be until July 5th. Now, that will be an important time. The blood reading that they get at that time will be the determining factor as to whether or not I will continue therapy until the full 48 weeks have passed. I don't know if they are going to do something different to me at that time or not, but surely they must be going to do something more with my blood because they will read the viral count at that time. Pray that it will be down from more than 7 million to about 700,000. That's what they need to see. Or, if it is completely gone, that would be better. I don't understand it, but if the viral count is not reduced by that much (in 12 weeks) then they will probably decide that it will not prove to be a worthwhile thing to continuing the treatment. Does that make sense? No! Not to me either, but I'm not the doctor. Anyway, I'm believing that God is healing my body through this process. I also got a call from the doctor's office yesterday that the blood reading from the blood taken Monday, was looking good.

Well, that's the report, but if you want to know how I feel, I'll try to tell you. I 'shot' myself for the 10th. time this past Wednesday night. Yesterday, Thursday, started out 'OK' but before the day was very old, I felt like, uh, well, how do you describe it? Like, er, ah, no, I can't say that. I felt like a genuine, sorry, good-for-nothing, lazy teenager, living is an old worn out body. I didn't do anything yesterday, but sit at my computer and compute. I bought an external hard drive to add to my computer, a 160 gb Seagate external drive, and I have been trying to clean my C-drive so my computer will have more freedom. It was easy to hook up, but moving files from 'C' to 'F' can be frustrating. I'd do that for a little while, then add an old program that I hated to delete in the past, then I'd get up and talk to Janis, sit in the living room, or maybe eat something, then I get tired of doing that and go back to computing. That just let's you know how wonderful computers are. When I don't have the strength to do anything else, I can sit in my computer chair and compute. It's really confusing. Sometimes I think that computers are of the devil and sometimes I acknowledge that God had to give Bill Gates the wisdom to do all of this stuff.

I thought surely today, I'd feel so much better but this day is not starting out rosy. However, this morning I decided that I'd get fully dressed because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, and because in a little while, Janis and I are going somewhere. Even if she has to drive, I'm getting out of this house. Oh, goodness! These two days, yesterday and today, have been 'fatigue-y' and wet-eyed. I'm trying to drink 'ensure' and eat chicken livers for protein, and I'm trying to stay ready for the wet-eye syndrome at all times.

Keep me in your prayers and I know that everything is going to be all right. I also still know that God has everything under control.

2 comments:

Travelin' On said...

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry you're feeling well...rotten!
Hooray for you for getting up and out even when you don't feel like it. Any of us can do that when we DO feel like it but it's a much bigger task when we don't.
Still praying for you and I'll pray about that count being down too! love ya bro, DB

Anonymous said...

Hey Lo, this is Bo. Haven't really left comments before, not sure about how all this works. You know that I love the computer, but somehow, this "Blog" stuff is a little beyond me!

I keep up with your progress (and everyone else;s:) through Mom. I am sorry that you have those bad days but you know, the dark thread make the shinny ones much brighter! I have been and will be praying for you. July 5th, that will be easy for me to remember.

Look forward to seeing you on sunday. love, bo