Sunday, June 24, 2007

I'm Better Now!

If you read my last blog, you know that I was not feeling so great, but I am better now. Actually, I was better Friday and Saturday, but I didn't take the time to enter another blog. This morning, Sunday, I was rather fatigued and a little wet around the eyes. All during the Sunday School class I felt like I was just sitting there. Almost in another world. The thought occurred to me that I might should tell our teacher, Marcus Hand, that I was sorry if I seemed to be so dull and not with it. You know, sort of an apology for looking sleepy, but I decided against it.

During church I tried to enter into the spirit of the service. I believe that I need church and the preached Word, whether I get all of it or not. Just sitting there will subject me to a touch of the hand of God. So, I didn't get very emotional during the worship service. I can tell you that for sure. But the pastor called for prayer and invited whoever to come to the alter and the prayer team would pray for them. In the past, I have felt like I was not supposed to go up for prayer, but this time I felt different. 'So down the isle I went'. I was prayed for. My eyes got all wet. I dried my eyes and went back to my seat. On the way back to my seat, I passed right by Bro. Hand. He was sitting next to the isle, about 3/4 of the way back. As I neared him, he stuck his hand out and hugged my neck and prayed for me. I told him that the old devil had taken all my strength but I was going to get it back. Really, I have felt better from that time on through this day.

I need those of you who believe in the power of prayer, if you will, be praying for me these next two weeks. July 5th. is my next appointment with the doctor and, of course, they will take a specimen of my blood for the lab. At this time, a reading of my viral count will be done and that will determine if the treatment is working satisfactorily or not. If it is not, then I will be taken off the medicine and I'll just live everyday by faith. Now, isn't that the way the 'just' are supposed to live? By faith! However, if the treatment is working and killing the virus sufficiently, then I must go on with the treatment for about 34 more weeks. I have decided that I should proclaim every day from now to July 5th. that "God is healing me and the viral count is coming down." Amen!!

A bit of sad news. Prayer request was made today by our pastor for Wayne Chellette. Pastor said that he was in some advanced stage of liver cancer. That just gripped me on the inside. Without God, that could be my fate. If you know him, you know that he is a good man. He has been preaching for over 50 years. Why do bad things happen to good people? I have preached a message myself using that question as the title. I think we know why. Bad things happen not only to good people, but to bad people also. But good people seem to have greater faith and hope during bad times and, in my opinion, they come out better off than bad people.

I know that if this blog is too long, you may not read it all. I understand. But you know how a preacher is - he can't preach for 20 minuets and stop and let the people go home and come back for more. No! We try to preach until we run out of material and that usually took me about 45 minuets. I tried to think in terms of 30 minuets, but, well, here I go. On and on. I've got to stop.

6 comments:

K E Alexander said...

I will be praying for you especially this week. This has reminded me that my "blogroll" can also be a prayer list!

Jesus is the Great Physician! I believe He will honor your faith, and that of your friends and family as we stand with you.

Corky Alexander said...

You write beautifully. You've got a real touch with this blog thing. Noticed where you are making friends on it, too. Just camr back form California where the contemporary church experts said the churches will be no larger than 40 people in the near future and the pastors will only preach on blogs! You and I got it on the run.

Much respect

Travelin' On said...

This blog is so touching. (as most of yours are) I like your tenderness. It is genuine, I know that about you. You have always been so good to me. You have never been condemning or judging toward me but always extended a hand of love and heart of prayer. Wow. That is a LOT to be thankful for. This is not what I intended to write here but it just came out.....Guess that's where men'you's a lot alike.haha :) We just "ramble" sometimes.
I will join in praying for you. God is listening. No, we do not always understand the "whys" but I'm learning that the "whys" are not all that important, are they?
I like what Corky said Lowell, look, you are "cutting edge" preaching on a blog and you didn't even PLAN it. Reminds me, "the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord." I'd say you're a good man. :) God bless you today!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your preaching. I am praying for you. There is a lady in my church, Mary, who was a hepper, too. She said the last time she went to the oncologist, they couldn't find any hep C in her blood at all. She believes (and so do I) that God has healed her. She and I are agreeing in prayer (we did today at lunch) that God is healing you, too.
I love you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

July 5th is quickly approaching. I will continue my prayers for you. I'm glad you let us know about Wayne Chelette - I used to work with his daughter-in-law. I'll be praying for him & his family. I've heard the other 30 min of the sermon "Why do bad things happen to good people?" It was a great one & I say go ahead & preach it! Luv, Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, I got behind on reading your blog & I feel like I missed church! :-)